Monday, January 4, 2016

Dancing in the basement.

Day 1! Today we are off to a good start. It was a very strange day overall. Lots of very odd things happening to people I know, and I knew when I got home I'd need to dance out how weird the day was.  My sweet husband said "do you want to practice Zumba with me" tonight? So, though I was very nervous, I taught 30 minutes of Zumba with him as my pupil. My playlist went really weird and we danced to songs where I had to make up choreography on the spot, I had pants with a funny waistband on so I had to keep pulling them up, and I was super embarrassed by how out of shape I felt compared to him (in my head, the instructor should not be sweating harder than the students!), but then I remembered, he's on my team. He loves me no matter what, and he's doing this to help me get better at instructing. It was fun to dance with him, I feel much happier and more balanced than I did an hour ago, and we are going to dance again tomorrow!
Feeling lucky in love,
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment