Friday, January 4, 2013

Feeling brave!

Well, this is kind of a version of one of the things on my 33 things list, but it is even scarier.  I have not braved the 24 hours out in public make-up free yet, but I am willing to do so.  I thought that posting a totally make-up free picture of me on the blog would be good for me too.  I really love wearing make-up, as I think it enhances, brightens, and refines, and I enjoy the creative aspects of putting it on.  Make-up is fun and though I have joked before that I will probably die at 102 years old with a mascara wand clutched in my wizened hand, but it is probably not too far off.  I love make-up, I love how I look and feel when I wear it, and I will not stop any time soon. However, that does not mean that I want to use it as a mask or a shield.  I have many friends who go out every day without a stitch of makeup, and they are radiantly beautiful, and I also have some fellow glamazon friends, who are also beautiful in every way.  Makeup does not make or break beauty, it is just a personal preference.  So, here I am, zits; dark circles, tired eyes and all!  Later I am going out with some girlfriends to spend the evening dancing our faces off and it will be fun to spackle on the sparkle then, but for the time being we are spending the day reading books and cleaning all the germs out of "flu mansion" so no need to be glam right now.
As Audrey Hepburn said, "I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls."  Happiness is like make-up that is always on your face!
Have a happy and pretty (and brave!) day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment